OCD or obsessive compulsive disorder is a degenerative anxiety disorder that leads to a rapid recurrence of obsession and compulsion attacks in order to ease the perceived obsession. This disorder greatly affects one's productivity even his or her healthy living, making him inutile to being socially deprived due to the fact that people with OCD often develop difficulties in communicating. If you think you are beginning to develop a degree of obsession and if you think that it is leading to OCD, then you must immediately take action by seeking the best professional help possible. OCD is not an easy thing to deal it as some people would even have to go through this suffering permanently. An OCD specialist will be able to help you in your undertaking.
One thing that can help when you are dealing with ocd and anxiety
Here are some steps in how to find your way to a good OCD specialist:
1. Before you can ever jump right into finding the right OCD specialist for you, let alone if you really need one, it should be made to a point that you seek advice from your primary physician first as he or she would be able to assess initially your present condition and see through it if you really need and OCD specialist's help. If proven to be so, then the physician will give you a list of names of some OCD specialist that might be able to help you with your problem. Your part will be then to sift and narrow than the list according to your standard of preference.
2. Upon review of the list, it would be wise to do some research and look for working credentials. Experience is king to ensure you of a quality service. As much as possible you would want to seek help or to be helped by OCD specialist that is renowned for his expertise. The more patients they have helped before the better. A rule of thumb you can make use of is to spot an OCD specialist that has patient dealings comprising 25% of his entire practice.
3. Asking question will greatly help in distinguishing a sham from a real one moreover, it would also help you in knowing the kind of OCD specialist expertise you are preferable with. A good specialist maybe someone who utilizes behavioral or cognitive-behavioral therapy as this kind of therapies are the most effective known solutions to OCD. Look for someone who is greatly familiar with them and or better yet, has practiced them.
4. You could also have an OCD specialist who makes use of exposure and response therapy ERP. This kind of therapy an OCD patient is exposed to a situation that is perceivably a trigger to the compulsion or obsession. It is believed that over exposure would immunize the patient from his or her own obsessions and as well as compulsions.
5. Always trust your instincts. If you think life is becoming a bit difficult now you have found out that all of those specialists in the list are all credible then maybe it's about time to let the hunch kick in. Let your instincts guide you in making the choice.